How baby deer sits down. when it first did this i thought it was doin something weird but no they just sit down weird
I made a political cartoon for English class about issues in school
It focuses on how teens are expected to make career defining choices with barely any experience, and also how parents often take so much authority that their child’s decision is not actually their own
If this gets some notes then I’ll make a colored version
thank fucking you. this defines me a few years ago really accurately
One time I was with my family, I dropped my plate of food and I said ‘Goddamnit’ then my mom was like “you can’t say that” so I said “Fine. Satan bless it.” Everyone turned to look at me after I said. I forgot I was in church.
This is my legacy, the girl who said “Satan bless it” in church.
I’m white and I hate my hair. But I will not be denied a job for my hair. I will not have random people wanting to touch my hair. I will not be asked if I have a weave. I will not be kicked out of school for my hair. I may hate my hair, but will not be persecuted because of if. White people do not need the natural hair movement.
"Maybe you’re not [heterosexual/homosexual/some kind of allosexual], maybe you’re just [insert love interests name]-sexual"
NO, NO THERE IS AN ACTUAL LEGITIMATE NAME FOR THAT
THERE IS A NAME FOR ONLY BE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO THOSE YOU HAVE A DEEP EMOTIONAL BOND WITH
I haven’t read all of these books yet so I can’t tell you whether or not I recommend them, but since I know a lot of you are interested in reading and finding out more about a lot of the gods featured in these books, this is basically a list of the ones I have either read and liked, that have been recommended to me, or that I saw getting a lot of good reviews on goodreads.
Titles without links are the books I sadly couldn’t find pdfs or ebooks for. However I’ll keep trying, and if I succeed, I’ll update this post.
Greek/Roman mythology novels:
- Of Poseidon, by Anna Banks - The Syrena Legacy #1 (download)
- Of Triton, by Anna Banks - The Syrena Legacy #2 (download)
- The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller
- The Vicious Deep #1, by Zoraida Cordova (download)
- The Savage Blue, by Zoraida Cordova - The Vicious Deep #2
- Medusa, A Love Story, by Sasha Summers - Loves of Olympus # 1 (download)
- For the Love of Hades, by Sasha Summers - Loves of Olympus # 2
- The Goddess Test #1, by Amiee Carter (download)
- Antigoddess, by Kendare Blake (download)
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians books 1-5 + The Demigod Files, by Rick Riordan (download)
- The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan - Heroes of Olympus #1 (download)
- The Son of Neptune, by Rick Riordan - Heroes of Olympus #2 (download)
- The Mark of Athena, by Rick Riordan - Heroes of Olympus #3 (download)
- The House of Hades, by Rick Riordan - Heroes of Olympus #4 (download)
Norse mythology novels:
- Norse Code, by Greg Van Eekhout
- The United States of Asgard Series, by Tessa Gratton
Egyptian mythology novels:
- The Chaos of Stars, by Kiersten White
- The Red Pyramid, by Rick Riordan - The Kane Chronicles #1 (download)
- The Throne of Fire, by Rick Riordan - The Kane Chronicles #2 (download)
- The Serpent’s Shadow, by Rick Riordan - The Kane Chronicles #3 (download)
Various mythologies novels:
- American Gods #1, by Neil Gaiman (download)
- Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman - American Gods #2 (download)
- Succubus Blues, by Richelle Mead - Georgina Kincaid series #1 (download)
- Succubus on Top, by Richelle Mead - Georgina Kincaid series #2 (download)
- Succubus Dreams, by Richelle Mead - Georgina Kincaid series #3 (download)
- Succubus Heat, by Richelle Mead - Georgina Kincaid series #4 (download)
- Succubus Shadows, by Richelle Mead - Georgina Kincaid series #5 (download)
- Succubus Revealed, by Richelle Mead - Georgina Kincaid series #6 (download)
If you read any of these books and you like them, please don’t forget to properly purchase said books to support the author! This post was made merely to help get the word out about these works and their creators.
"Repeatedly singing the words “You Suck” to Pachelbel’s Canon in D can be very soothing when people are being less than pleasant.”
((I’m lame because I dropped out when it got harddddd))
((You don’t suck. You’re really rad.))
I COULD NEVER HAVE FORSEEN THIS.
at first I was amused and then I just kept listening because it was beautiful and then it looped right back around to being hysterical
What angels are apparently supposed to look like according to
They had 6 wings, covered with eyes on the wings. And had two eyes on their face, but used 2 wings to cover their face at all times because if a mortal ever saw their face they would die.
The bible mentions multiple faces, being covered in eyeballs, constant singing, lion heads etc.
Besides being described as beasts and monsters, they’re practically brainless drones. Heavenly angels are only one step removed from demons. The only difference is demons fell from heaven because they chose to follow Lucifer, who was an angel (angel of music and one of god’s favorites). So they are these eyeball covered animal mashed up monsters who were only created to worship for eternity (part of humanities creation was so that something would choose to love god, not just worship him because they were created to).
Angels fall into a lot of new age and conspiracy beliefs.We were taught that the supernatural realms went in the order of Heaven, Hell, then Earth. So when the angels fell from heaven with Lucifer, some fell through hell and landed on Earth. We were taught they intermarried with early humans and created giants and taught witch craft to women.
Technically, angels have made their only moral choice, and so experience morality only in theory.
Some angel characters are based on the non-humanoid or vaguely humanoid “canon” angels, which can be anything from a ball of wings covered in eyes to a huge, living wheel to animals on fire.
They’re abominations, they’re alien, they’re beyond us. They’re creatures that biology as we know it does not apply to. Often they do not love mankind, they love God and God alone.
Maybe angels taking on human form but describing just what they look like when they’re not wearing their skin.
Angels are such creepy and interesting.
The study of angelology is EVEN MORE interesting with a literal and scientific approach to understand what ancients have said regarding angelic deities. It’s a beautiful study